Sunday, April 3, 2011

Let's Get Crack-a-lakin!

My past few months have been nothing but spoken dreams and endless hours spent in procrastination. Well, NO MORE! A dream will stay nothing more than a dream unless I act upon my ideas. What are my ideas, you ask?

Everything.

That is basically the sum of my ideas. Here is all I know: I want to be a novelist. I want to get my twisted plots and lovable characters onto paper and into the hands of young adults craving a mysterious and halfway believable story.

As of tonight, I plan on pushing away all the excuses that cloud my brain. Here are the excuses I seem to create for myself.

1) My laptop sucks. I want an apple computer.
2) It's too noisy where I'm at.
3) My grammar is not the greatest... who would want to read my gibberish?
4) Too tired.
5) Out of plot ideas.
6) I'd rather hang out or watch TV.

The list could go on and on; but, it is time that these excuses come to a halt. Here are some answers to those problems.

1) I'm currently a server at Red Robin. Time to save those tips!!!
2) Headphones, baby. How else do authors find musical inspiration for their novels?
3) Perhaps I shall read through the dictionary?
4) Energy Drinks. Boo-yah.
5) Expand my knowledge to gain more ideas.
6) Get over it.

Writing should be something I enjoy, not just a chore. So I'm going to get back into the groove of what I love and will put my best efforts into the fun at hand! Tomorrow, I will write some more!

Peace out!

On a side note, I'm also going to be teaching myself to play guitar. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment